Instagram is not just only used by individuals, and there are quite a lot of companies that use Instagram for their marketing. And they find posting on Instagram from PC pretty convenient. However, as you already know the fact that Instagram is a smartphone centric app. Hence, Instagram does not really offer you the option to post from your computer. So the question is how to post on Instagram from pc?
In case if you have the same question in your mind. Then let me just talk about a couple of ways that you can follow post on Instagram from pc. So here we go:
How to Post on Instagram From PC?
Windows Store App
One of the first things that you can try out is the Windows Store App. It is a traditionally Windows desktop app that you can try out. And you will be able to download the app to your computer via Microsoft store.
Once you are done installing the app to your computer, simply login to your Instagram account. And you will see a normal Instagram feed, the one that you get to see on the mobile app.
Also, to post on Instagram, you will have to click on the camera icon located in the upper left corner. Plus, you will need to enable camera access and microphone access to add a new image. However, to make this app work, you will need to have a webcam installed on your computer.
If you already have a webcam installed, then you will find the option to add a photo to Instagram. Simply go to the gallery button, and you will be able to post pictures from your computer. However, this method is not that much reliable, and sometimes it might not even work for you.
Use the Mobile Instagram Website
Instagram’s desktop website only lets you browse your Instagram account. But you will not be able to post anything. However, what you can do is swap your browser’s user agent to bypass this restriction by making it think that you are using a mobile device.
In case if you are not sure what user agent is, well, your browser sends a bit of information to the website. So they get to know a bit about your computer. You will also be able to override the automatic user agent to tell the website that you are using something else.
1. To do this, you will have to launch the Chrome browser and go to Instagram’s website.
2. After that, press F12. This will open the Developer Console.
3. Now press the Ctrl + Shift + M or click the Toggle device toolbar button to access the mobile Instagram website.
4. After that, you will get to see an interface just like the mobile app. Now simply, click on the plus icon from the bottom center, and you will be able to photo from your PC. In case, if you do not get to see the icon, make sure to hit F5 to refresh the page.
5. Also, on this method, you will be able to add filters to your photos and change the way your image looks. After that, follow all the steps that you usually follow with the Instagram account, and you will be good to go.
Emulate Android on Your PC
Finally, you can also think about emulating Android on your PC. There are quite a lot of Android emulators that are available out there. And the thing with Android emulators is that it allows you to run smartphone apps on your PC. So you can use it to install Instagram on your PC.
However, to make you understand in a better way, let me just talk about the steps that you have to follow:
1. At first, you will have to download Memu Play on your computer. Simply go to the official website of Memu Play and download the online installer.
2. After that, you will have to run the installer and let the application get installed on your computer.
3. Once installed, simply launch the emulator and go to Google Play Store.
4. Over here, search for Instagram and install the app on the emulator.
5. Once the app is installed, you will get to see it on the Memu Play’s dashboard. Simply click on it and log in to your account.
6. After that, you will have to follow the same steps that you follow to post on Instagram through your mobile device.
So that was all for your question on how to post on Instagram from pc. Apart from these options, there are quite a lot of third party apps also available. However, go ahead and check these steps out and see how they are working for you. Also, for any questions, do comment below.