Instagram is a pretty popular app that allows you to share photos and videos with your friends, family and followers. And the thing is that you can only post on Instagram though the Smartphone app. But what if you want to post on Instagram From a Mac?
Well the thing is that Instagram’s desktop version only allows you to browse the feed. But you cannot really upload anything on the site from the desktop site. So the question is How to post to Instagram from a Mac?
Well, in this article, I am going to answer this question only. In this article, I am going to talk about a workaround that you can use to upload to Instagram through Mac. So here we go:
How to post to Instagram from a Mac?
Instagram, as a social media app, is designed to serve mobile users. But through the Instagram desktop, you will be able to like and comment on Instagram posts. And you can easily do it by going to the www.instagram.com.
However, when it comes to uploading photos and videos to your Instagram account through desktop, it is not possible. However, you can simply fool Instragam and make it think that you are accessing the site via a mobile phone.
As a result, you will be able to upload images to your Instagram account. For this, you will have to follow these steps:
Step 1: Make Instagram Believe That You Are Using a Phone
This is one of the most easy to use option that you can try out. As it does not require you to install any third party software or anything. To get started with this, follow these steps:
· First of all, launch the Safari browser from Mac.
· After that, go to Preferences > Advanced.
· Now you have to make sure that that Show Develop Menu in the Menu Bar is toggled on.
· Then simply head to the Instagram website and login to your account.
· Now over here, you will have to select Develop (from the menu bar) > User Agent > Safari – iOS 12.1.3 – iPhone (or whatever version is newest).
· Now you will find that the Instagram website is automatically reloaded to the mobile version of the platform. Now simply upload your photo, and you are done.
Step 2: Upload photos to Instagram from your Mac
Once you are logged into your Instagram account. You will need to follow these steps:
· Simply tap on the + icon from the toolbar at the bottom of your Instagram feed.
· Look for the photo that you wish to upload.
· Also, you will be able to expand the cropped square image by tapping the arrow icon on the bottom-left of the image preview. Also, you will find other editing options over there.
· You will also be able to select the filter in case if you wish to add a filter to your image.
· Once you are done with the editing, you are all set to post it. Simply hit the Next button to complete the job.
· Then you will have to add a caption, location, and tags if you would like to. In the end, hit the share button to post the image on your Instagram account.
Step 3: Upload photos to Instagram Stories from your Mac
Want to upload Instagram stories from Mac? Well, for this, you will have to follow these steps:
· First of all, select the Your Story icon from the top left.
· Next, you will have to browse for the image that you would like to post and double click or select choose.
· After that, you will get to see a preview of the image.
· Now use the tools to edit your Instagram stories, like if you wish to add any text, sticker, or anything.
· Once you are done with the editing part, you will have to click on Add to your story.
· In case, if you do not wish to post the image, click on the X button from the top left. Then choose to keep or discard the image.
However, the drawback of this method is that it works great with portrait images only. As the landscape images get cropped out. Also, you will not be able to upload videos this way. Although these are not a huge thing to deal with. As there are a few workarounds are available.
How to post to Instagram from a Mac using Vivaldi
One of the best web browsers that you can try out for the job is Vivaldi. The best part of this browser is that it allows you to post on Instagram without any complicated steps like the steps you have to follow with the Safari browser.
You will be able to add mobile as a web panel in the Vivaldi browser and use that to post on Instagram. However, to make you understand in a better way, here are all the steps that you have to follow:
· First of all, you will have to download the Vivaldi browser.
· After that, go to Instagram.com and log in to your account.
· Then click on the + icon from the left bar on the screen.
· The Instagram URL will appear in the box under Add Web Panel.
· Next, you will have to click on the web panel, and a page will open up on the left. This will display the mobile version of the Instagram website.
· After that, you have to click on the camera icon and add images to your Instagram Story or click the plus icon to add photos to your Instagram feed.
Use an Emulator to post on Instagram
Another way to upload photos to Instagram from mac is to use an emulator. It is one of the easiest to use the option that you can try out.
However, in case if you are not sure what an emulator is, well, an emulator allows you to run android applications in a desktop environment. And there are quite a lot of emulators available out there. However, the most trusted emulators that you can try out is Bluestacks. And you can download it free of cost from www.bluestacks.com.
· Once you are done downloading the Bluestacks app, simply follow all the screen instructions and install it on your Mac.
· After that, you will have to launch the emulator and sign in or sign up with your Google Account.
· Once you are done with the setup, simply go to Apps and then Google Play Store.
· Over here, you will have to search for Instagram and then install the app.
· Once you are done downloading and installing Instagram on Bluestacks. Simply launch it and sign in with your Instagram account. And you will be able to post on Instagram without any issues.
Best Instagram apps for Mac
There are quite a lot of third party apps are also available on the Mac App Store. By using these apps, you will be able to post on Instagram, browse Instagram on your Mac. Or check your Instagram notifications. These apps can do a lot of tasks. And I am going to mention some of the top names over here:
Flume is one of the most popular Instagram tools that you can try out. The coolest part of this app is that it shows your Instagram feed in a pretty stylish way. As well as it offers you the swipe up support and offers you hidden menus for a clean and intuitive experience.
However, the user interface can be a bit confusing. As it does not really show you captions or comments of a picture. But as soon as you click on an image, you will find the caption and other options to like and comment on the photo.
The app also shows you all the recent notifications, your top pictures. As well as it offers you profile recommendations based on what you post. So if you like to follow new people, this feature going to be very useful for you.
Along with that, it also offers you the ability to use Instagram Direct. As a result, you will be able to share media, profiles, hashtags with your friends, and family more privately. Also, another cool feature that it offers is the photo, video, and carousel upload support.
And let me tell you the fact that it is one of the rare features that is offered by a few third party Instagram apps only. Simply head over the mouse on the bottom left of the app, and the menu will appear. After that, you can click on the camera icon, and then you will be able to take a photo or video. And upload it on Instagram.
Also, the app is free to download. But the catch is that with the free version, you will only get a limited number of uploads. And after that, you will have to switch to the Flume Pro. Also, you have to download the software from the Flume website, as it is not available on the Mac App Store.
The next tool that you can try out is Uplet. It does not offer you the ability to browse your Instagram feed natively. But it does offer you features that power users may be interested in. Talking about Uplet, it is a simple app available for download. And the best part is that you can upload photos and videos in bulk by simply dragging and dropping them onto the app.
Even, you will be able to edit each photo and video as you do on Instagram. Also, you can add a caption for each individual post. It also has a crop feature. So you can edit the photo the way you want to.
However, as a casual user, I would say to stay away from the app. As it would not give you a great feel. But if you like to upload lots of photos on Instagram, this tool is for you.
Also, the software is not free. You will have to purchase it. But the demo version can be downloaded from the Uplet website. So go ahead and have a look at it.
So that was all for your question on how to post to Instagram from a Mac. Now go ahead and check out all these methods and apps and see how they are working for you. Also, if you have any more questions to ask, then do feel free to comment below and I will surely help you out.